49th Annual Kittredge Tournament
January 18-20, 2020
1. All USA Hockey rules shall apply, except where noted.
2. Sportsmanship is the primary focus and therefore no derogatory behavior will be tolerated. Teams are accountable for their players, coaches, and families during the games and in the facility. No fighting or abusive language or abusive behavior will be tolerated.
3. All players and coaches must adhere to all USA hockey rules and regulations.
4. Home team wears light and visiting wears dark.
5. Squirt games will consist of three (3) 12 minute stop time periods.
6. PeeWee round-robin games will consist of three (3) 12 minute stop time periods and the championship game will consist of three (3) 15 minute stop time periods.
7. Bantam games will consist of (3) 15 minute stop periods.
8. Running time will be implemented in the 3rd period if there is a 6 or more goal differential.
9. There will be no time outs in round-robin play. A one minute time out will be allowed per team in championship game.
10.Penalties: Minor: 1:30 minute; Major: 5 minute; Misconduct: 10 minutes
11.No protests will be accepted. All decisions made by an official are final.
Teams are awarded 2 points for a win, 1 point for a Tie, 0 points are awarded for a loss. Standings are based on points earned in round-robin play. Advancement to the championship is based solely on points for victories and ties. In the case of 2 or more teams being tied in the standings, these tie-breaker rules will be applied in the following order:
1. Head to Head
2. Fewest Goal Allowed
3. Fewest Penalty Minutes
4. Goal Differential
5. Goals Scored
6. Coin Toss
For championship game: a first overtime of four (4) minutes will be played 4v4; a second overtime will be played for three (3) minutes 3v3. Same penalty rules apply in overtime as regulation. If still tied after 2 overtimes the teams will compete in a 5 man shoot out. The home team is granted the right to pick the order of shooting. If a tie exists after the completion of the 5 man shootout, a sudden death shootout will follow. Teams must exhaust their entire roster of skaters before any shooter can be repeated. Same order of shooters must be followed.